PDD lineman electrocuted to death in Kulgam
Kulgam:A Power Development Department employee (PDD) was electrocuted to death on Monday after receiving an electric shock while repairing a faulty line at Chanpora area of Chinigam in Kulgam district.
An official told that the lineman received an electric shock and died on the spot while repairing a live wire on an electric pole in Chanpora village.
The deceased has been identified as Mohd Ramzan Sofi (45), S/O Gh Rasool Sofi an official said.
Notably, hundreds of power department linemen have already lost their lives in the line of their duty in the recent past in Kashmir.